This renovation of existing classroom space created a new high-tech training room, utilizing advanced technology in an environment that enhances learning opportunity through the use of color and light. Design criteria called for space that was bright and flexible; key elements included:
- Easily reconfigurable furniture
- Flip-top nesting tables on castors for compact storage
- Dry erase wall paint that multi-tasks as projection surfaces
- Daylight responsive light fixtures
- Task chairs that emphasize a business environment
Designing supporting infrastructure was challenged by existing structural members. Solutions required innovative utilization of under floor and above ceiling space to provide the technology support and environmental comfort required by the school.